Diablo 4 Unveiled Panel
The Diablo 4 Unveiled panel is now live. We’ll cover all the updates on the next installment in the Diablo franchise.
Diablo 4 Panel
- Still a Classic Isometric Action RPG
- Dark Non-Linear Campaign
- Shared Open World with 5 Distinct Regions
- Weather and Day/Night Cycles
- Hundreds of Dungeons and Legendaries
- Five Powerful Classes
- Sorceress, Barbarian, and Druid announced so far.
- Developed for PC, Xbox One, and PS4 simulanteously
- Developers want everything you experience to feel immersive and faithful to the game.
- Much more grounded approach to design. They want a darker, more mature setting with a realistic story.
- Character selection campfire is back.
- Visceral combat
- Designed to be physically imposing and armed to the teeth
- Arsenal system: Barbarian has 4 weapon slots and can use 1 and 2 handed weapons in the same build. 4 legendary weapons can be equipped at once!
- Items can be assigned to a skill, the weapon will be used automatically when the skill is pressed.
- Druid is back for the first time since Diablo 2
- Still rooted in nature with his natural companions like wolves and vines.
- Werebear and Werewolf forms.
- Like the Barbarian’s weapon swapping your abilities will automatically activate the appropriate form.
- You can completely specialize in 1 form.
- Elemental carnage on the battlefield
- Dungeons are extremely dark and are lit up by her magic
- Appears to be a male and female option
- Can transform into a destructive ball of lightning
- Frost and Fire spells as always.
- Shatter frozen enemies.
Diablo 4 Cosmetic Customization Options
- Male and Female options for each class.
- Can customize hair, skin, jewelry, scars, etc.
Diablo 4 Gameplay Customization
- Talent Trees are back
- Runewords that create triggers and effects
- Skill ranks are back
- Diablo 4 will be much more open.
- You can level how you choose. Explore, do side quests, etc. Or just focus on the main story.
- 5 distinct zones with unique environments
- Regions are up to 20 times larger than previous games.
- There will still be waypoints.
- Due to the large zone size there are now mounts.
- Mounts can be customized with armor and trophies. Damage reduction, move speed increase, etc.
- Dismount abilities
- Safe zones
- Interact with other players
- Look for groups for open world raid bosses
- Special zones where players can opt into PvP combat.
- Any player can be killed here and ears will be looted.
Diablo 4 Dungeons
- Explore dungeons to find Epic loot.
- Fully randomized.
- Hundreds of underground dungeons.
- There are also exterior dungeons.
- Players will be going to Hell.
- Many familiar enemies like fallen and skeletons.
- New monsters like the Drowned… undead which come from the ocean
- Open world raid style bosses. Ashava, The Pestilent shown in demo.
Items and Loot
- Emphasis on Legendary items.
- Diablo 3 had too much of an emphasis on Sets.
- Sets will still exist, but will not dominate like Diablo 3.
- Affixes will improve skill ranks and grant talents.
- Much more build variety through legendary items.
Release Date is not announced, but Diablo 4 will not be released anytime soon. Many demo streams coming throughout blizzcon.
There is a new Diablo 4 website with game information and development status updates.